After almost three decades suffering with chronic constipation and given nothing more than a ‘diagnosis’ of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Bella finally found her root cause (more than one, in fact). Her mission now is to help others who have been given an IBS label to uncover and address their own root cause imbalances.
The symptoms experienced by someone given a label of IBS are very real. But, providing a ”˜catch-all’ diagnosis that discourages sufferers from identifying and addressing the underlying root cause of their symptoms is an approach that is generally disempowering and well past its use-by date.
So today we’re going to discuss:
- The IBS definition created for research purposes but abused in clinical practice
- Why an IBS diagnosis can be disempowering and prevent you from finding the real reason for your symptoms
- How research over the last 5 years about the gut microbiome has changed the way we look at IBS
- Why identifying the actual cause of your symptoms is the only way to beat IBS
- The most common root causes of IBS we see clinically
- Our approach to addressing IBS root causes naturally
Tune-in to find out the answers to these questions and much more!
Bella is the founder of The Functional Gut Health Clinic and a Functional Diagnostic NutritionÂ® Practitioner who loves helping people heal their gut. She specializes in chronic constipation, small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO), gut infections and other chronic digestive complaints. Bella started her clinical journey working in hospitals as an Occupational Therapist after completing a Bachelor of Science and Master’s in Occupational Therapy. It wasn’t until her own health crisis a decade ago that she completed further postgraduate studies in nutrition and established The Functional Gut Health Clinic. Bella and her team have since worked with over 500 clients online from all over the world to overcome their digestive health issues.
Here are links to relevant blog posts: