“How To Make Keeping Your Cool Your #1 Relationship Rule.” HLN’s Weekend Express
About Dr. Jamie Turndorf
Dr. Jamie Turndorf Known to millions as Dr. Love, radio and television personality, Dr. Jamie Turndorf has been delighting for three decades with her engaging blend of professional expertise and spicy humor. Her success is largely due to her remarkable ability to turn clinical psychobabble into entertaining and easy-to-understand concepts that transform lives.
Dr. Turndorf is the “go to” relationship expert on numerous television and online networks, such as CBS, VH1, Fox, WebMD, and MSNBC. Most recently, CNN has been featuring her as the resident authority on relationship advice and human behavior. Her advice has been published in Men’s Health, Glamour, New Woman, American Woman, Cosmopolitan, and many others. She also writes a column for Psychology Today online.
She’s the author of two critically acclaimed books: Till Death Do Us Part (Unless I Kill You First): A Step By Step Guide For Resolving Relationship Conflict, and Make Up Don’t Break Up: Dr. Love’s Five-Step Plan for Reconciling with Your Ex.
Hay House has published her latest books, Kiss Your Fights Good-bye: Dr. Love’s 10 Simple Steps to Cooling Conflict and Rekindling Your Relationship and the bestselling Love Never Dies: How to Reconnect and Make Peace with the Deceased, which introduces her new Trans-Dimensional grief therapy method that brings her acclaimed conflict resolution method to the world of after death communication.
Dr. Turndorf’s radio show “Ask Dr. Love’ is currently broadcast in 80 countries worldwide. The show is now in national syndication.
Dr. Turndorf can speak on a wide variety of love and relationship related topics from dating and finding your ideal partner to cohabitation and marriage and even break ups and repairing relationships. She can also comment on a wide variety of general psychology topics relating to current events such as family issues, bullying, hate crimes, criminal psychology, terrorism, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). She was recently granted rare one-on-one interviews with Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul) Temple Grandin and Robert Fulghum (All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten).
Following is a sample list of story ideas perfect for news and talk shows. For more story ideas, look through the list of Ask Dr. Love Radio shows, check out her new Love Bites 60 second radio spots, or browse through the wide variety of articles and advice columns on this site.
- How to Stop Husband Withdrawal (no we’re not talking about a natural form of birth control!) the no. 1 cause of marital conflict, divorce and domestic violence
- Why You Should Never Use Your Peter As A Love Meter: How To Tell Love From Lust
- Is Your Mother-in-Law a Real MOTHER? How to Bury the Ax with the Old Battle Ax
- If You Don’t Give Her Enough Emotional Company, She’ll Be Looking Elsewhere for Humpty Dumpty: Dr. Love’s 5 Tips for Heading off Infidelity
- Are You His Soulmate or His Playmate? How to Tell if a Man is Relationship Material Before He Breaks Your Heart
- Where’s the Beef: How to Bring Home the Bacon in Bed: Dr. Love 7 Tips for a Sizzling Sex Life
- How to Get Your Ex Back Using Dr. Love’s 5-Step Plan
- Short on Moans? Check Your Hormones
- Don’t Be an Unsuspecting Schlub and Use Honesty Like a Club!
- Why “Keepin’ It Real” Can Really Destroy Your Relationship
- Is Your Date an Inmate: How to Spot Online Fakes, Freaks and Frauds
Ten Sample Interview Questions
- You are an expert on Husband Withdrawal, the number one cause of marital (and relationship) fighting, divorce and domestic violence. What exactly causes Husband Withdrawal?
- You say that heated fighting triggers Husband Withdrawal? Can you explain how?
- How can we stop Husband Withdrawal?
- You have created something called Relationship Climate Control techniques for ending relationship fighting and Husband Withdrawal. What are they?
- Can you explain the link between Old Scars from childhood and relationship fighting?
- In your book, you discuss the mind’s way of playing nasty tricks on us by distorting what we see and hear, which causes relationship fights. How can we escape this trap?
- Speaking of traps, can you tell me more about what you call Fight Traps and how they cause relationship fighting and Husband Withdrawal.
- What about sex fights? How common are they and how can we steer clear of them?
- You say that relationships need care and feeding. What exactly do we need to feed our partners to keep them happy and our relationships going strong?
- You also say that understanding what you call the Universal Human Need is key to making your relationship thrive. What is this need?
Celebrity Couch™®: Dr.Turndorf’s analysis of celebs’ strife in love and life provides vital lessons for the rest of us.
- Why Demi and Ashton’s Open Relationship Closed Down Their Marriage.
- Men Are Coming Out the Woodwork Claiming John Travolta Tried to Put the Wood to Them.
Dr. Love’s Quickies™: 60-second shorts that are just what the doctor ordered! Past segments include:
- Never Use Your Peter as Your Love Meter!
- Short on Moans? Check Your Hormones!
- Don’t Be a Schlub and Use Honesty Like a Club!
More information on the Quickies